Friday, December 25, 2015

Croissants Singing Hallelujah with Ham and Blueberries



I am really blessed to be friends with Lisa Ghenne.  I knew her before she ever started her blog, The Cutting Edge of Ordinary.  I love her cooking and baking, but honestly, I just love her, and the best part is that she loves me, too.  I've made a recipe she posted a couple of years ago, actually, she posted a link to a third blog.  I have wanted to play with this recipe and finally have.  Here is my adaptation of her delicious recipe, it's perfect for Christmas morning.  Enjoy!




Blueberry Ham Croissant Casserole


10 cups of croissants, torn up in small pieces (small croissants were torn into about 8 pieces each, FYI)
2  8 oz packages of cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1 1/3 cup of sugar
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups whole milk or half and half
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 cup ham, cut in small cubes

Set oven to 350 F

Fill large casserole dish with torn croissant pieces, add frozen blueberries and ham and toss to combine. In a large bowl use a mixer to blend cream cheese and eggs until smooth.  Add vanilla and milk and mix to combine.  Pour over the croissant, berry and ham.  Carefully use a rubber scraper to turn everything at least once to combine.   Let stand for 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.  If chilled, you might want to take it out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before baking.  

Bake for 40-50 minutes uncovered, check center, if it is still wet (mine was) cover with tin foil and bake 10 more minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment