Sunday, May 17, 2015

Baker's One Bowl Cream Cheese Brownies




I have had a pile of cream cheese.  I don't really know how.  I think I started buying it Valentine's Day and kept buying it with great prices into the spring.  What was left was going out of date next week so I've been making a lot of things with cream cheese to use it up!

Baker's Chocolate brownies are the best homemade brownies around, in my humble opinion.  Back when my daughter was a bit younger one of her babysitters (and a hero in my heart) used her evening in my kitchen to show my girl how it's done.  Ever since then, that is the recipe I use, thank you Nicole!  I've done a lot of add-ins, chocolate chips, nuts, M&Ms, salted caramel have all happened in my kitchen but this weekend I am making their cream cheese brownies to use up the last few boxes of cream cheese in my fridge.

Enjoy!


Baker's Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies

Brownie Batter:

4 oz Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate (one small box or 4 blocks of chocolate from a large box)
1.5 sticks of butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. flour

Cream Cheese Topping:

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. flour

HEAT oven to 350°F.
LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Grease foil.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add 2 cups sugar; stir until well blended. Add 4 eggs; mix well. Stir in 1 cup flour until well blended; spread into prepared pan.
BEAT cream cheese and remaining sugar, egg and flour in same bowl with whisk until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter; swirl gently with knife.
BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.

I confess, I use their directions directly from their website, but I listed the ingredients a little differently, splitting them for the two different elements, it's easier for me to follow that way and I hope it helps for you.
I bake my brownies in a sheet pan, rather than the 13x9 described here, and instead of foil lining I use Silpat but I *ABSOLUTELY DO* butter my pan heavily especially on the sides.  I promise you, your brownies will come out beautifully if you line and butter your pan and liner.  One the pan has cooled a bit you just lift out the whole brownie (For a moment you can call the whole pan's worth A brownie!) and set it on a rack or board to allow it to finish cooling if you can bear the waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment