Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Banana Bread Hunt



The last time I made banana bread I made four different recipes in one afternoon.  Crazy?  Well, yes I suppose it was.  I'm not a big fan of the stuff, although Hubby likes it.  I had a LOT of bananas in my freezer because I like to have fresh ones in the house, but inevitably a few times a month one or two don't get eaten and I won't throw them away.  Two or three times a year I try to make something with them and that time it was banana bread.  Well, today is my second go at the stuff in a year.  It's not like I dislike banana bread, I just haven't found a recipe that really makes me glad to have it on a plate in my own kitchen.  Until today.

My dear friend Lisa has the most incredible blog of all my friends who are bloggers.  (I'm saying, take her seriously folks and you will have fun and lots of successful recipes.) She was kind to me when I mentioned I needed a banana bread recipe need.  Turns out she has a trick technique for banana bread.  You ready?

She whips the bananas.

Seriously?  Yes, seriously.

You will find her recipe here.

Now I will tell you that I wish I had not been so tired when I was making this bread.  I multiplied the recipe by four and by the time I had whisked my bananas, gotten the fluffy goodness out of the mixing bowl so I could do the next thing I forgot to take a picture of how AMAZING it looked.  If I had not been tired I would be telling you how easily this bread gets made.  Instead, I'm just going to tell you that I'm actually thrilled to have half a loaf leftover from my usual order.  Well, now it's half a loaf with one less slice.  Giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment