Friday, July 24, 2015

Katie Blue's Special Chocolate Brownies


Now, let me say that I have found Baker's One Bowl Brownies to be wonderful  I've used many variations with add-ins.  My daughter on the other hand has developed a desire for a more chocolate brownie.  She has liked the Ghirardelli Brownie mix for a while now and I have to tell you I understand where she's coming from but I'd rather mess with my standby recipe and see if I can do something good with it.  Turns out I could.  Nice to know that when I'm making a LOT of brownies for a bunch of marching band kids I find a way to impress my daughter, too.  Enjoy!

Katie Blue's Special Chocolate Brownies

4 oz Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate (one small box or 4 blocks of chocolate from a large box)
1.5 sticks of butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. flour
1/4 c. Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. mini chocolate chips

Do not use a mixer, I promise this goes together fast with a wooden spoon and produces the best brownie dense texture if not over mixed once you add the flour.

Set oven 350 F

Prepare a 13x9 pan with butter or Pam.  (Are you kidding?  Use butter, I promise it makes a difference.)

In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, salt and chocolate chips.  Set aside.

Break Baker's chocolate into large bowl, microwave for 30 seconds.  Add butter, microwave again for 30 seconds.  Stir and continue until all is melted and nicely combined.

Add sugar and mix then add eggs, stirring after each addition to combine.

Add flour mixture and scraping the bottom of the bowl, make sure you are getting everything combined.

Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly.  Bake 30-35 minutes (or until your house smells chocolate fragrant) a toothpick should give you some crumbly bits.  I use a quarter sheet pan and find that the 30 minutes are sufficient.  Baker's Chocolate warns you to not over bake their brownies.  LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment