Monday, July 25, 2016

Amazing Blueberry Muffins




A few weeks ago I made some incredible peach muffins using a recipe I found on All Recipes.  The author's name was only listed as FBGMOMOF4 and I want to give her as much credit as I can for the wonderful flavors I was able to deliver.

Today I decided to play with her recipe and see if it will work for Blueberry muffins.  I'm making these for home enjoyment so I'm making them big and I am greasing my pan well because I hate muffin pan liners unless I'm baking for delivery.  The original recipe claimed to make 16 muffins and now that I've cut it in half, I believe her because I have 8 muffins baking even as I type.  In fact here is a picture of them, through the lovely window in my oven door.

Moving from peach to blueberry, meant taking out the cinnamon and peaches.  I used a generous cup of frozen blueberries and also a tablespoon of lemon zest.  I don't know why I always feel I need to use lemon zest if I'm using blueberries, but unless I'm doing something with almond flavoring I do.  The delicious results of this recipe are a muffin that fills your hand and has a crusty bottom, a tender crumb and because I love it, a crystal sugar top.

Amazing Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 cups, plus 2 Tablespoons oil
  • 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cups white sugar
  • 1 rounded cup blueberries
  • 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • sugar crystals

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 8 muffin cups.

  2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, lemon zest, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs and sugar. Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist. Fold in the blueberries. Use a half cup measure to scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with sugar crystals.

  3. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment