Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups

I have been following Kevin and Amanda for years, in fact, theirs was one of the first blogs written by strangers that I began to follow.  This recipe looked like a lot of fun and the group I usually bake for on Sundays was going to be less than half it's usual number because of the holidays so I didn't have to worry about making four dozen of them.  


My husband pointed out that this was transportable protein.  Of course he is correct.  My weekend baking is almost always sweets and it was great to make something that had a little more heart to it for this weekend.  If you have a Superbowl party, a school party (or a school lunch to be packed) or a meeting that needs snacks that aren't sugar laden (do those exist?) this would be an easy and well congratulated choice.

The only thing I didn't like about the recipe was that it called for a pre-packaged pizza dough.  Even making just 24 pieces seemed easier if I made dough from scratch.  I've made lots of pizza dough but in my online research this week I found a fabulous recipe and demonstration pictures that made it easy even for folks who have never combined flour, yeast, salt and water.  This dough was so easy to roll out I don't just like it, I HIGHLY recommend it!  

There are 36 pictures on this page at Crunchy Creamy Sweet as well as the recipe.  Really, go check it out and let me know if you don't feel empowered to make it.  I'll invite you come to the house where you can watch me make it, or I'll come to you and help you make it.   :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment