Thursday, December 18, 2014

Vanilla Bean Apple Bundt Cake


I'm a sucker for recipes that use vanilla beans.  I don't know why it happens that way but I love cutting a bean open and scraping the seeds, I ridiculously will spend a long while trying to get every bit I can out of that pod.  This recipe has been sitting in my "try it out" pile for a bit and I was excited to give it a whirl last week.  One of the things I loved about it was that I could make the apples sauté the night before I was making the cake which made the assembly that much quicker.  The caramel sauce can also be made in advance which I loved on a day when I had to do six different cakes!  



Many thanks to Lauren at Keep it Sweet Desserts for posting a recipe for a cake that kept me warm for a long time before I ever got to bake it.  I loved how it made my kitchen smell!

http://www.keepitsweetdesserts.com/vanilla-bean-apple-bundt-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment